A Long Beautiful Life

Hospital's, Jail or Death three very real solutions to an uncontrolable problem. Things all work out for a reason.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Let It Snow

Another beautiful day to be alive!! Since early this morning its been snowing in the beautiful city of Calgary Alberta.  I am a snow dweller and probably always will be. The majority of my activities take place in the winter time. Snowboarding, Hunting, and of course Hockey. I would much rather warm up on a cold day then cool down on a hot day. I attended a graduation ceremony we had at The Calgary Dream Centre tonight and found that it brings back so many grateful memories and thought I would share a little bit of my experience when I first came into the place that now employs me.
I first found the Dream Centre when I was 19 years old and I had no where else to go. They offered me a second chance at life and new way to live. previous to that I had been sleeping either in a jail cell or under a warm bank machine. I once ran into a lady at about 5:30 in the morning and she woke me up only to say, "God has a better plan for you" she gave me 20$ and bought me some food for the day.  I  was so very grateful for that women she gave me 20$ to drink with. I had a very curious way to think.  I came to the dream center broken, without anyone by my side. I relapsed 3 times out of there and they have always invited me back. I offer my help every day in hopes that I could save one life like they saved mine. I also owe a lot of my success to Our house Addictions recovery in Edmonton Alberta where I went for my last treatment venture and ultimately  gained my recovery for long term success. Life is very beautiful. before complaining about the puddle you have to walk through, think about the man who has no legs. Before crying about your lover think about the person who can't find love. Before complaining about your life think about those who never got one. Life is a journey and an adventure, be grateful for every minute your alive and live with a regret about things that you have done, don't regret things you never got to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment