A Long Beautiful Life

Hospital's, Jail or Death three very real solutions to an uncontrolable problem. Things all work out for a reason.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Another weekend

9:00 Nov 13 2010,  I have thought of writing a blog many time but haven't ever understood the meaning of why someone would sit down and read information about someone they hardly even know. Maybe I should introduce myself, my name is William D Birse, I have been an addict my entire life to my knowledge, could I have changed my fate?? could I have been just a regular old person with no addictive characteristic's?? will I ever know?? these are all questions I don't think about anymore, nor do I really understand. I know the meaning of life, and that's all I have ever wanted to know, therefore I am happy with who I am and content with living one day at a time.
I have been clean and sober for over 2 years now and how I got here was an extremely easy battle, now maybe your an addict yourself and are thinking well he is only 23 what could he know about drugs and alcohol, over the next little while I will share with you some of my experience's that lead me into my continued recovery, including going to treatment 13 times, jail 6 times relapsing more then I can shake my fist at, and finally ending up on life support because of my 12 alcohol/drug overdose.
People often tell me I should be a public speaker, that I should reach out to the youth of our society and bring some inspiration knowledge and hope. I believe that unless help is being sought, unless the needy come to the source, then it will just be deemed as useless information and therefore I am just going to be another lame public speaker who doesn't know what the youth now are going through.
How do I sum this up... If you have questions or comments please feel free to email me at bbirse@calgarydreamcentre.com and I can answer any questions you might have, I am a case manager who deals with 43 clients on a daily basis and 78 client on a bi-monthly basis all dealing with drug and alcohol addictions, if you wanna know more about my life, keep checking my blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment