A Long Beautiful Life

Hospital's, Jail or Death three very real solutions to an uncontrolable problem. Things all work out for a reason.

Friday, November 19, 2010

An Adventure, To Say The Least


Feb 21 2007, My parents had offered to send me to treatment and of course, knowing what my other options where, I accepted. One plane ride and $23,000 dollars later I was in Trois Rivieres, Quebec. I had gotten there first thing in the morning on the 21 of Feb. I knew it wasn't going to be easy but I had no idea what was in store for me. We started off every morning doing what was called to them as a TR. Breaking it down simply a TR is when two people face each other about a foot away in perfect posture, not laughing or moving, the exercises can be done either eyes open or eyes closed. Every morning we would do this TR for 30 mins, first 15mins eyes open, then second 15mins  eyes closed.  before our sauna treatment which I will explain in a minute we where required to do this for 15,15 then work out way up to 30,30, then 45,45 and finally 60,60. That's one hour for those of you working on conversation charts. We also have to complete other challenges which where just as interesting if not more, however to explain all those would be like trying to ride a wooden horse through the desert. 
The sauna portion of the program we where required to sit in the sauna for 4.5 hours a day, and it was a typical 23 day stay. I however was in there for 4.5 hours a day for 43 days, and only got out because I cheated on the medication they where giving me and dumped it down the drain. Niacin was the medication in case anyone was wondering. After getting out of that we where required to continue practicing out TR's every morning, and work our way up again. However now it was 15,15 to 30,30 to 45,45 to 60,60 to 75,75 to 90,90 to 105,105 and finally 120,120 which would be 2 hour segments. The program continued carry on with more exercises that are so hard to comprehend and explain I will not go into them. I can not say however that I am not grateful for everything that I have ever been through, because without each and every influence I have experienced thus far in my life, I would not be who I am today.
After Graduation Day
I had finally completed the program with flying colors and a new found look on Scientology!! Yahoo ready to make my contact with the fourth kind!! They had invited me back to be the graduation coordinator which would mean that I would take on the task's of assisting each client along till they where ready to graduate the program, I had gratefully accepted the offer and had expressed my interest to my parents. My Dad paid off all my fines for me and gave me a few thousand dollars to get started. I flew back home for my chance to say good bye. With tears and hugs at the airport I flew back to Quebec to start my new job.
On the plane, I thought I had been so successful, I might as well celebrate and test how in control of my addiction I actually was. Why not? I Had made it this far! I bought a beer on the plane and fell asleep. After landing in Montreal, I had a friend who was supposed to pick me up. I told her to just wait and I would meet her after work. After obsessing about it all morning I finally gave in and went to the liquor store. I bought 2 Micky's of vodka, which I would normally do, so that I could conceal it in two spots. When I got to Trois Rivieres, on the greyhound, I was drunk and never ended up going back to the treatment centre... Yet.....
I began drinking and blacking out again, getting into fights, and getting in trouble. I ended up in jail 3 times and on my last visit the girl who I was supposed to meet came and bailed me out, because of the french speaking community I was in, I couldn't understand french and they couldn't understand English, however the cop was very specific in letting her know that If I ever came back there again, I would be in jail for a lot longer.  To be continued....... "Theres a lot more to this story"

No comments:

Post a Comment