A Long Beautiful Life

Hospital's, Jail or Death three very real solutions to an uncontrolable problem. Things all work out for a reason.

Friday, November 19, 2010

An Adventure, To Say The Least, Continued

After sleeping it off for a night I was back in the treatment centre. They had called my parents and my Dad had agreed to pay another $1,000 dollars to enroll me in a refresher course in the program, and my job offer still stood. I was pretty happy. I just found out I could go on a 2 week relapse and maintain a job and still have a bunch of money left over.
I had a friend in treatment who had told me that there was some weed in, and that he could get some if I wanted to smoke it with him. I said sure and we smoked some pot one night. Two days after that I was asked to leave and the drove me back to Montreal, with 2 other guys. Me and my friend where then free to do whatever we wanted. First off, we had to get money, so we both set up bank accounts and ordered personal checks for ourselves. I then proceeded to write him a check for work and vise versa, I cashed mine and he cashed his, neither of us had any money in our accounts, but we sure had a lot of cash. We then proceeded to buy a bunch of cocaine and booze, along with attend numerous night clubs to which will remain nameless. After 2 weeks of hell I figured it was time to go home. We smashed a hotel room, including both mirrors the bathroom and the one on the wall, gutted both mattress's broke the TV and broke both box springs on the bed. This hotel cost us $150 a night and just about cost us a whole bunch more in fines. 
I thought it was best if I head home, so I bought a bus ticket back to Calgary and left with $200 cash and a bus ticket worth $350. After being kicked off greyhound in Ottawa and being told to wait till I could sober up I missed 8 more buses because I could stay sober enough to convince any of the bus drivers to let me on. I was stuck in Ottawa and was arrested for sleeping at the station for to many nights in a row.  After being let out of jail in Ottawa I sold my ticket and bought a ticket back to Montreal for all my true funds had run out I had $3000 dollar overdraft protection on my bank account I thought about, and when I got back to Montreal it wasn't long after before I was staying in a crack shack hotel room and was isolated for 3-5 days with a Texas micky of rum one litre of orange juice to sooth my thirst and some cocaine to keep me awake. I blacked out for about 3-5 days after that with only hints of memories in between, I had ruined my hotel room and my health all in a 4 week period, I weighed about 110 pounds soaking wet with rocks in my pockets. I remember when the guy who ran the place came up to check on me and my TV was half way through the wall, along with everything else in the room out of place he told me I had 15 minutes to pack my stuff and leave. I was so intoxicated I walked out of my hotel with my two bags and fell down a flight of stairs about 28 stairs high and what looked at the time to be straight down. I had two black eyes from fighting and blisters all over my feet. I was ready to go home.... I had begged a friend of mine to buy me a ticket from Montreal to Calgary and he said he would. If it wasn't for him I don't know where I would be today.
That's one story. I will tell more as the time comes, Thanks for reading everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment